Butterfly House Docent Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Texas Discovery Gardens, Dallas, Texas
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
3601 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Our grounds feature the two-story Rosine Smith Sammons Butterfly House and Insectarium.
The tropical landscape transports you to the native habitats of our tropical butterflies. Stroll through and take in the sights as our butterflies dance around you. Want to learn about the Lepidoptera in the Butterfly House? Check out our list online of species you might see on your visit!
Butterfly House Docent: One of the most important volunteer positions at Texas Discovery Gardens! We need you!
What should you be doing in this position?
Greeting guests, providing information about our tropical butterflies, and monitoring traffic flow in our 2-story renowned Butterfly House and Insectarium.
Why are you important?
By USDA law, we are required to have a docent at each entry/exit point in the Butterfly House.
This job is a good fit if you...
- Are outgoing and willing to talk to guests about the butterflies
- Are knowledgeable (or willing to learn) about butterflies from other docents and staff
- Are able to be on your feet (there are chairs provided if needed) in controlled heat (low to mid 80s) and high humidity
- Can gently yet firmly enforce rules if necessary
Saturdays & Sundays (morning and afternoon shifts)
Tuesdays & Wednesdays (morning and afternoon shifts)
More hours needed during State Fair and other special events!
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers