Emergency Department Patient-Family Companion
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Rochester General Hospital
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Rochester General Hospital
1425 Portland Ave.
Volunteers in the Adult Emergency Department
- Check in on patients to offer smiles, a listening ear, encouragement, blankets, and pillows
- Answer call lights to determine the patient's need (over 50% of the time the patient's needs are non-medical and can be met by the volunteer)
- Check in on family members and other loved ones with the patient. Offer food and drink, information, updates, etc.
Shifts available: 10am-2pm, 2-6pm and 5-9pm
Must be at least 18 years of age for this volunteer assignment.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Free Parking
- $4.00 meal discount per 4-hour shift
- Free membership for Rochester Regional Wellness Center
- Joining 600+ other volunteers in our work and mission
- Making a positive difference in the lives of others
- Being active, staying busy - volunteering has proven health benefits
- Making new friends, networking with and meeting new people
- Training Provided
How To Apply
To apply and/or express interest: please go to rochesterregional.org/makeadifference and complete an online "Adult Application." The Volunteer Office will follow up with a confirmation email within two (2) business days.
For any questions, please feel free to call us at 585.922.3725 or 585.922.4328 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org