Pathways to Employment AmeriCorps VISTA - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Detroit
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Michigan Nonprofit Association Civic Engagement AmeriCorps VISTA Program
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Detroit
7700 2nd Avenue
Many high school students in poverty fear the thought of not being able to find sustainable employment upon completing their education. But Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Detroit is trying to fix that by helping youth develop the skills needed to succeed throughout their academic and professional lives. As our VISTA, you’ll recruit, train, and retain mentors and volunteers for the program and develop assessments and measures to ensure it is meeting the needs of participants. Because of your work, students will have the opportunity to grow as leaders, become financially literate, and explore career options helping them become more prepared for the workforce and restoring hope that prosperous futures are possible. As 85% of students served through Big Brothers Big Sisters qualify as low-income, career preparation through the development of life skills is crucial to securing sustainable employment and breaking the cycle of poverty.
As our VISTA with Big Brothers Big Sisters, you will:
• Help organization and stakeholders recognize the need for and use of volunteers.
• Develop position descriptions and recruit and promote volunteer opportunities.
• Develop a volunteer generation plan to recruit and maintain volunteers.
• Improve feedback assessments and develop evaluative tools to determine success of the program and opportunities for improvement.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided