School Group is a platform that aims to connect schools from various parts of the world. Our goal is to provide an e-learning community that focuses on peer-to-peer learning. In doing so, we hope to promote collaboration, communication and to bridge the educational gap in a rapidly changing 21st century generation.
We have recently transitioned from Trello to Jira platform and need an expert to help us get things going. Jira Expert is responsible for the administration, build automation, design, development, enhancement and maintenance of high performance, data intensive workflow driven applications built on Jira Platform.
- Works with each department leader and CEO to design and develop workflow driven applications on Atlassian Jira Platform, Jira plugins, web services.
- Builds Jira work flows, Transitions, real-time interactive visualizations to implement organization workflows & processes.
- Develops custom fields, custom Jira Plugins, and validations to implement complex workflows.
- Researches and Utilizes third party Jira plugins like nFeed to extend Jira with capabilities needed.
- Provides Package, Build & deployment scripts for Jira Application deployment and configuration management.
- Administers Jira configuration and helps the Production Operations in upgrading Jira, disaster recovery, production support
- Diagnoses application issues using awareness of the capabilities and technologies employed in the full application stack
- Debugs and addresses production application issues in a timely manner.
- Participates in the solution design, feature grooming, and implementation of POCs in various new technologies.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external teams to define integrated solution and architecture.
- Proactively drives code reviews and refactoring discussions.
- Applies modern GIT, Subversion based code management workflows
- Performs Unit testing, Integration testing and delivers tested software that exceeds both functional, non-functional specifications & Quality requirements.
- Delivers enterprise software that is manageable, reliable and focused on long-term benefit.
- Clearly documents code and designs to ensure that others can understand.
- Quickly and effectively addresses operational issues and internal client requests via standard processes and mechanisms. Effectively manages client expectations.
- Seeks to stay current with leading edge changes in web and UI technologies
- Works with other team members to deliver products in an efficient manner.
Education, Experience, Abilities
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering..
- Must have Jira administration and development experience
- Strong knowledge on Jira deployment automation with Python, Jenkins and other tools.
- Strong experience in Jira application integration with other applications using web services.
- Expert level ability to decompose user requirements into workflow design and implement with quality and speed.
- Full understanding of modern continuous delivery practices: Test, Build & Deployment Automation
- Demonstrated broad-based, full-stack development experience.
- Experience in profiling and performance turning of web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and language paradigms
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Agile methodology and Scaled Agile Framework
- Must have ability to positively handle frequent change.
- Must have flexibility and willingness to participate in the work processes of an international organization, including conference calls scheduled to accommodate global time zones.
- Familiarity working with startup NPO
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world that share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in an environment of supportive people that are always willing to help you.
- School Group is a Certifying Organization that offers Presidential Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
To apply: Please email your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers