A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
1 Garnett Way, Keyport, WA 98345
Capture the wonder and learning of our visiting public using your amazing photography skills!
The Photographer will visit the museum periodically during open hours to take compelling photos of visitors engaging with museum exhibits, programs, and each other. The resulting content may be used on websites, in marketing materials, and in annual reports to illustrate the museum’s impact on visitors and the community.
This opportunity is scheduled to run year-round. Work can take place according to the Photographer’s schedule, in consultation with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure good coverage of days/events. The museum is open 10am - 4pm. Education programs in July and August occur on Wednesdays from 10am - 2pm. In September-November and February-May, they occur on the first Saturday of the month from 10am - 2pm.
- Capture the wonder, learning, and group interactions of our visiting public in photographs
- Coordinate with Volunteer Coordinator to schedule photography
- Deliver photographic files to museum staff on CD or DVD in files appropriate for use in print and web media
- Ability to capture learning and family moments candidly
- High level of understanding of photography
- Provide your own equipment, except for DVDs
An initial four-hour orientation is provided, where museum history, operations, and content are discussed and a tour of the building is given. Training will not be provided on photography or photographic equipment.
Supplies and Equipment
The U.S. Naval Undersea Museum will provide media on which to deliver the final product. All other photographic equipment must be your own.
Contact Mary Rogers at Mary.Rogers@navy.mil if you are interested in signing on to serve as a Photographer or have questions!
To apply, complete the volunteer application at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NUMVolApp.
- Training Provided