Times of day
A few hours per month
401 DeKalb St
Theatre Horizon seeks friendly, reliable ushers for the run of Lisa Kron's 2.5 Minute Ride, running October 6th - 29th. We typically schedule 3-4 ushers per performance, and all usher shifts are first come, first served. All ushers must arrive at the theater one hour before curtain time. The dress code is all black. Volunteers may be asked to assist with any of the following tasks:
- Stuffing programs with inserts, forms, etc.
- Stocking and selling concessions (before the show AND during intermission).
- Helping prepare the lobby for opening the box office
- Greeting patrons at the lobby door
- Handing out tickets at the will call desk
- Taking ticket stubs and handing out programs
- Seating patrons as they enter the theater
As an usher, you are encouraged to stay and watch the show for FREE as a "thank you" for your help.
It is important to remember that while you are volunteering for Theatre Horizon, you are a representative of the company. We expect ALL ushers to be prompt, friendly, helpful, and agreeable to the staff and especially the patrons. We also expect that you will complete your assigned task(s) with diligence and care. If you fail to comply with these standards, you will not be asked to usher again in the future.
How To Apply
To volunteer, please email Christina Higgins, Audience Services & Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please take a look at the performance calendar on our website and reply with at least two dates on which you're available.