Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Are you a computer-savvy, detail-oriented person who can accurately monitor parts inventory? Do you have a love for and a background in aviation? Are you good at organizing?
JAARS Aviation needs you to manage our parts inventory supporting missionary aviation worldwide. Our biggest inventory is right here in Waxhaw, North Carolina. Help make Bible translation possible in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
Management of an aviation parts inventory, processing financial transactions and billing, and supervising staff.
- For a full time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in US
- Establish and maintain a quality inventory system that is cost-effective, timely, and provides adequate supplies
- Ensure that all stock items are identified, controlled, segregated, preserved, and stored in accordance with accepted aviation standards
- Supervise staff, ensuring proper policies and procedures are followed
- Complete appropriate financial and accounting processes related to the purchasing and selling of parts
- Process repair station maintenance work orders
- Reduce the quantity of unused or obsolete inventory through appropriate resale methods
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to investigate and scrutinize
- Ability to supervise others
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Management of inventory, purchasing, and selling preferred
- Knowledge of financial practices or experience with financial software
- Good computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of aviation preferred
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
- Proof of health insurance
- Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- Ages 14–17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020