Project Monitoring & Evaluation Intern with Safe Passage / Camino Seguro
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Camino Seguro / Safe Passage
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
6a Avenida 11-95 Colonia Landivar, Zona 7
Safe Passage, a 501(C)3 non-profit development-focused organization, is seeking an enthusiastic, hands-on, Project Monitoring & Evaluation Intern to join the organization’s Database Team.
Known in Guatemala as Camino Seguro, Safe Passage’s mission is to help children in the Guatemala City garbage dump community break the cycle of poverty through education, emphasizing life skills and perseverance in order to thrive in work and contribute to their community. Safe Passage is a secular, non-political organization with a staff of about 100, including about 15% international staff and long-term volunteers.
Safe Passage is seeking a motivated individual for an exciting opportunity to expand analytical capacity for monitoring & evaluation. We operate a cross-departmental database (Blackbaud’s Education Edge, as well as other customized Access-like databases) that provides planning, data-collection, queries, report-generation, and analysis that provide program monitoring & evaluation. Google Drive is used for teamwork, gathering data, and sharing analysis and reports. Intern will work within a friendly team, all of whom do some data input/importing, queries, preparation Excel tables and short, interpretive Word reports.
The Intern should have an interest in project evaluation, data analysis, problem solving, asking and answering questions.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Safe Passage, as well as a passion for promoting social justice
- Solid knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Filemaker Pro, or similar; Google Drive apps
- Experience in creating, sorting, manipulating databases
- Intermediate Spanish and Intermediate English
- Organized work style and creative problem-solving skills
NOT REQUIRED: coding, programming, or server management expertise
- Professional mentoring and work with dynamic and highly motivated staff in a friendly, supportive, organizational culture
- Learn about the challenges and resilience of an incredible population and the rich culture of Guatemala
- Opportunity to gain valuable professional experience with leading monitoring and evaluation technology
- Monthly housing allowance commeasurate with experience for a commitment of 3-6 months or more
- Free lunch and transportation to the project
- Paid sick leave
- 5 paid vacation days per 6-month period
- One month paid vacation during school break (Dec-Jan), if returning for the following school year
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Interested candidates should follow the application instructions listed on https://www.safepassage.org/take-action/volunteer/ and send their CV/resume to email@example.com with "Project Monitoring & Evaluation Intern" in the subject line.
For more information about the organization, please see www.safepassage.org/volunteers.