Seniors Helping Seniors! Give Back. Be a Friend. Make a Difference!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Wright County Community Action, Inc.
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
We are currently seeking senior citizen volunteers to assist in our Aging Services program. We are looking for individuals above the age of 60 years old to help out with varying transportation needs, homemaker services and general companionship for a fellow senior.
- Volunteers will use their own vehicles for transport to and from things like medical appointments, faith based services, barber and salon visits and out of town needs. Mileage reimbursement will be granted to volunteer drivers.
- Accompanying clients to their appointments and giving them support
- Meal preparation
- Routine household tasks
- Assistance with activities of daily living (bathing, eating, dressing, mobility, transferring from bed to chair and using the toilet)
- Assistance with arranging transportation
- Informal emotional support
- Social stimulation
- Monitoring safety and well being
Mobile Food Shelf Support:
Assist in varying roles and duties associated with our mobile food shelf program that services senior living communities. These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting at the Wright County Food Shelf with packing and fulfilling menu orders
- Assisting in transport of orders on a monthly basis, to designated communities
- Assisting in maintaining a relationship with residents receiving mobile food shelf support
How To Apply
If interested in this volunteer opportunity, please fill out the pop up application on the link provided. If you would like to speak to someone directly, please call Alivia at 763-957-2730 or email email@example.com for more info.