MADIFF is seeking an Program Coordinator for its summer Program. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the daily operation and evaluation of one of the programs. They will contribute to the continued development of the program and implement a variety of initiatives. The incumbent will build and maintain strong relationships with hiring managers and college representatives as well as support the full life cycle of the recruiting process.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of a viable program
- Facilitate student learning by assisting students to secure appropriate placement that will enhance overall academic experience and skills
- Initiate and build partnerships with employers to develop student opportunities for experiential endeavors locally, state-wide, nationally and internationally.
- Work alongside colleagues to identify and promote placements for specific majors
- Identify, develop and monitor current placement sites
- Develop an Placement manual and promotional material and updates as needed
- Research appropriate websites and resources to support the program
- Assess the effectiveness of placement programs
- Coordinate and assist with various events and activities throughout year (employer exploration days, career fairs, etc.)
- Assist in marketing the services and programs through developing appropriate materials as well as advertising special events
- Perform other essential duties and tasks specific to position
Qualifications / Requirements
- Must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have superior interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity.
- Ability to research and quickly develop knowledge of recruiting strategies, job market trends, occupational, career and personal growth.
- Proficiency with windows environment including word processing, knowledge or database programs.
- Must be a self-starter and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and work independently as a leader and as part of a team.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and ethical boundaries with regard to guidelines, supervision and professional consultation within the Student Development division.
- Ability to respond professionally to common inquires and/or complaints from students, employers or community at large.
*** This is a volunteer position. However, once the program is launched, the Program Coordinator will receive a stipend every month. Also, all travels will be paid by MADIFF.