Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Are you looking for meaningful contract work with a flexible schedule? Do you have an interest in fostering intercultural connections? If so, consider becoming an F-1 Host Family for Student Ambassador Exchange!
We are looking for F-1 Host Families to host foreign exchange students in the Austin area. This is a seasonal, contract position that revolves around fall and spring high school academic calendars. F-1 Host Families receive a stipend of $750 a month to cover food and board expenses.
Right now we are in need of a host family in Austin for a 15 year old Chinese exchange student. She is staying with a host family now, but they cannot continue to host her (even though they love her!) after this academic year ends because they are moving. The new host family we are searching for should be able to host her starting in August until the end of the '18-'19 school year.
Our exchange student attends a private school in Austin. She is a sweet, kind girl who has an endearing personality. She loves to draw, dance, play violin, and play volleyball in her free time.
- hosting a F-1 student for the full academic year
- filling out Monthly Reports about each student
- providing meals, transportation, and support to their exchange student
- solving problems and helping students adjust to life in the United States.
We are seeking candidates who:
- have an open mind and an interest in other cultures
- enjoy working with youth and building relationships
- have strong social skills
- have strong listening skills
- are motivated and able to take initiative
- have experience working across cultural boundaries
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
Please fill out the Host Family Application or if you have questions about hosting feel free to send us an email and a Program Coordinator will reach out to you!