Pathways to Employment AmeriCorps VISTA - Mackinac Economic Alliance
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Michigan Nonprofit Association Civic Engagement AmeriCorps VISTA Program
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Mackinac Economic Alliance
749 Hombach Street
Mackinac County experiences the greatest variances in unemployment in Michigan, increasing from approximately 3%-4% in the summer to more than 20% in the winter. Residents impacted by this seasonal jump in unemployment work primarily in the retail and service industries, which are tourism dependent. As our VISTA with Mackinac Economic Alliance (MEA), you’ll help those in tourism-dependent markets develop the skills necessary to secure year-round employment through the promotion of workforce development programs. Additionally, increasing this skill base will market Mackinac County as a place for new businesses to plant their roots, providing more year-round employment opportunities to residents and diversifying employment options. All of this will increase access to economic opportunity providing meaningful work and sustaining wages to Mackinac County residents.
As our VISTA with Mackinac Economic Alliance, you will:
• Research work experience and internship opportunities in the area.
• Support the development of a Career and Technical Education (CTE) program.
• Support workforce development programming throughout the community.
• Support the cultivation of services and amenities that support high employment rates.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided