Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you enjoy meeting and interacting with people? Do you have the aptitude to operate cash register and credit card machines? Do you like to help people find the perfect gift or resource that they need?
Become part of the gift shop team, and help provide our staff and guests with inspirational resources to help make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
Sells merchandise and provides customer service to gift shop clientele.
- This is a part-time, volunteer or missionary that raises their own support position
- Must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to apply
- Interact with customers to provide a friendly and caring atmosphere
- Calculate sales, deductions, and accurately count cash
- Operate cash register and credit card machines
- Hand write department, member sales invoices, and telephone orders
- Wrap or bag merchandise
- Unpack, inventory, and display merchandise
- Advise manager of needed inventory
- Coordinate custom flags and display rentals
- Open and close the store
- Deposit the day’s sales with accounting
- Follow up on check requests
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Professional demeanor
- Enjoy serving and being friendly with customers
- Work well with coworkers
- Ability and confidence to make informed decisions when outside the normal operations format
- Must view this position as a ministry
JAARS is a 501(c) (3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mail room, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
How To Apply
- Proof of health insurance
- Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- Ages 14-17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020