A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
EKCC Office (partially remote work)
EKCC is seeking 1-2 enthusiastic volunteer Kid Ambassador Program Assistants. This is a very unique opportunity to gain experience in the areas of education, research, communications, cooking, and nutrition!
- Work closely with EKCC’s Kid Ambassador & Nutrition Program Coordinator to develop culinary nutrition curriculum for the program year.
- Support bi-weekly webinars (both on- and off-screen) by posting questions, monitoring chat, stimulating engagement, and providing technical support.
- Conduct research to identify high-profile subject matter experts who are willing to share their knowledge with Kid Ambassadors during live webinars.
- Help manage the EKCC Kid Ambassador Facebook group.
Useful Skills & Experience
- Experience working with kids and/or teenagers
- Interest in healthy cooking, nutrition, and wellness
- Good problem-solving ability and creative thinking
- Great verbal and written communication
- Online research and interpersonal networking skills
- Familiarity with any of the following: CrowdCast or other conferencing platforms, graphic design, photo and video-editing, Facebook groups
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be 18 years or older
- Volunteers must be able to commit to serving 5-10 hours per month for at least 6 months (ongoing and additional volunteer opportunities are always available if interested).
- Must complete a background check (about $40).
- Must be available Tuesday nights (every other week from 6-8pm) to help conduct live webinars from our office in Ellicott City, MD.
- Must have flexibility to volunteer remotely as needed via email and/or phone.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Email Laura Wellford, Kid Ambassador & Nutrition Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us get to know you by telling us:
- Why you are interested in this opportunity
- What skills and experience you hope to contribute
- How many hours you can be available per week and when
- What you hope to learn by working with EKCC
Feel free to include your resume if you have one.