A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
We are currently searching for an internet and social-media savvy Staff Writer to create content to support ongoing projects and initiatives at Random Acts. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Staff Writer is responsible for coordinating the planning, research, organization, and editorial development for our various projects and programs.
You should have experience writing for an online audience, impeccable communication skills, and a deep understanding of social media. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative soul who wants to help us to get our message out through use of the online medium. We need someone who has a near-bottomless well of ideas and excellent editorial judgment.
This role requires remote-working, so no specific location is required. Applicants must have regular and reliable access to the internet, flexible work schedule, as well as the motivation to dedicate their time to the organization.
If you are interested in this position, please read the job description carefully before applying for this volunteer role.
- 1-2 years experience in professional writing, with an available portfolio for review including online articles and/or blog posts
- Experience in online publishing and specifically experience with WordPress
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and communicating to different audiences in the online medium
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups, including staff, supporters, and the public
- The ability to communicate effectively, whether verbally, visually, or in writing, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team, and the ability to manage tasks or projects from implementation through to completion
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to multitask effectively
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate projects, evening and weekend meetings
- Able to commit a minimum of 3-4 hours per week to Random Acts activities
- Degree/Certificate or equivalent in journalism, English, marketing, or a related field
- International Volunteers