Be a part of the Largest Anti-Poverty Campaign in Washington!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by United Way of King County (WA State)
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
720 2nd Ave
Looking to make an impact in your community? Last year our volunteers brought back $31.6 million to low- and moderate income families and individuals, and connected thousands to public benefits. United Way's Free Tax Preparation Campaign is the largest Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program in the state, and one of the largest in the country.
Join our talented team of volunteers, receive training that boosts your skills, and help us reach our goal of helping 25,000 people in our community file their taxes this season.
We have two ways you can get on board:
1. Help clients get their paperwork in order and connect them to other financial services as a Volunteer Intake and Benefits Specialist.
2. Help clients complete their tax returns and ensure they get the credits they're eligible for as a Volunteer Tax Preparer.
- Make a Difference – Each volunteer, on average, brings back $30,000 to the community. Through your service, you will make a tangible difference in your community and empower many struggling families and individuals.
- Gain Valuable Experience – Receive free training and then practice these skills.
- Get Connected – You’ll volunteer alongside a diverse group of community members and professionals. We’re recruiting 1,300 volunteers this year
- Receive a Reference – United Way of King County gladly provides references for volunteers based on performance.
What it takes
- Absolutely no experience needed – We mean it! We will train and support you throughout your time with us.
- You'll pick one weekly three- or four-hour shift that fits your schedule and preferred location. We have 33 sites, with shifts during the day, nights, or weekends.
How to get involved
To learn more and get involve, please visit www.uwkc.org/taxvolunteer.
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers