Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Marketing/Social Media Volunteership
Suit Up is looking for a self-starter to support our social media and marketing strategy this summer. This volunteership is an opportunity to gain experience in the marketing and communications field, especially as it pertains to the non-profit and social sector.
· Create and maintain content for social media presence and develop content strategies specifically for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
· Develop new social media campaigns considering our industry and customer needs
· Research news and trends within the education and corporate social responsibility space and provide actionable tips to reach stakeholders through digital space
· Research corporations that could be interested in partnering with SuitUp
· Support the writing and formatting of newsletters to stakeholders and donors
· Assist in updating website
· Additional responsibilities deemed necessary by supervisor
Skills and Requirements
· Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in related field (English, Marketing, Non-Profits, Communications, Graphic Design)
· Effective communicator, both written and oral
· Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, Powerpoint, Excel). Graphic
· Familiarity with social media strategies and platforms
· Ability to work well independently
· Enthusiasm for the mission of Suit Up and the communities we serve
Please send your resume to email@example.com and include a short paragraph as to why you are interested in the volunteership and how you
would you bring your creative energy to this role and contribute to SuitUp’s
SuitUp is an 501c3 non profit that provides educational competitions that connect corporations with schools in low-income communities to increase career awareness and marketable skills. SuitUp has been working with students in low-income high need communities since 2016 and has served over 3,515 students to date.
SuitUp brings companies into the classroom to organize a one-day business competition. Students are divided into teams and work with our coaches to solve a real problem for a real company, like creating a new shoe for Nike. Students present their ideas to a panel of judges and the winning team is awarded a cash prize.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a short paragraph to answer the following questions:
1) Why you are interested in the volunteership?
2) How would you bring your creative energy to this role and contribute to SuitUp’s
3) What is the number of hours you can commit to this summer?