Year-Long Volunteer in Ecuador Educational Non-Profit
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by The Starfish Foundation, Inc.
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Who: College graduates & young adults ages 21 and older
What: Volunteering to work with our staff and high school students in Guayaquil, Ecuador at The Starfish Foundation. We have 3 positions available: Curriculum & Instruction Coordinator, ESL Coordinator & Program Development Coordinator.
When: August 2019 to August 2020
Where: Guayaquil, Ecuador - Starfish volunteers live with a host family in the neighborhood where we work, Flor de Bastión.
Accommodations are basic, but comfortable.
Why: To enhance the education and lives of impoverished Ecuadorian families and students who lack access to a strong educational system (and are therefore stuck in the cycle of poverty), by mentoring staff, teaching students and improving the overall educational offerings at Starfish.
- Daily mentoring of staff members
- Leading professional development
- Teaching classes to students
- Goal-setting and measuring
- Community engagement
- Contributing innovative ideas and techniques to curriculum and pedagogy
- Fundraise a total of $2,500
- Airfare to and from Guayaquil
- Transportation to U.S. Orientation
- International Health Insurance
- Up-to-date vaccines
- Personal items (i.e. toiletries)
- Free time travel expenses
- **Scholarships may be available.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Completed applications are due by February 15th each year. Interviews will be conducted in February and March. Acceptances will be sent out in early April. Volunteers must commit to a full year and meet the requirements for the position to which they are applying. More details about each specific position are available on our website: www.thestarfishchange.org/volunteerintern Apply online at: https://form.jotform.us/71095181914154