We Make Change is a bit different from most not-for-profits - we're a global online community of individuals and NGOs coming together to change the world.
We connect people from across the world who care about the same causes and enable them to collaborate online to develop projects with NGOs that make change happen.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but whatever skill you have and whatever cause you care about, you can change the world and by becoming a Changemaker you can help to make it happen.
To lead teams, track progress and plan future development while maintaining close communication with all involved parties.
- Hold regular communication to assess the progress of the team.
- Track and coordinate the transition from the functional requirements to the actual tasks that are split among team members - planning sessions.
- Plan and prepare for product demo sessions.
- Gather feedback in the form of team retrospective meetings.
- Tailor the Agile Scrum methodology to work best in that particular team.
- Have a very good functional knowledge of the product.
- Aid in the recruitment process of new team members.
- Have a high level technical understanding of the tasks being developed.
- Understanding of the architecture of the product, the deployment process and all other related processes that constitute the development livecycle.
- High availability on Slack.
- Very good communication skills.
- Being able to analyze functional use cases and break them down in tasks.
- Experience working within Agile Scrum teams is a must.
- Experience with task management tools such as Jira.
- Generalist technical knowledge - basic programming, Single Page Applications, REST, deployment strategies, QA methodologies.
- Outstanding ability to take on multiple tasks.
- Experience in the position of Scrum Master / Team Lead is a big advantage.
- Fluency in English.
The time commitment is at least 8 hours per week, plus any additional time you are able to offer.
The role will be performed remotely, so applications are welcomed from across the world.
As the role is as a volunteer, it is unpaid, but it offers a great opportunity to gain experience, while helping to change the world!
Whatever cause you care about, whatever skill you have, if you want to change the world, then become a Changemaker by applying today.
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Apply by signing up to become a Changemaker here: https://www.wemakechange.org/sign-up/