Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Volunteer Fundraisers assist with events fundraising and appeals across their local area. Volunteer Fundraisers will be home based but regularly asked to help organise and support fundraising activities within a reasonable distance from their home address. Any expenses incurred while undertaking activities on behalf of SSAFA will be reimbursed.
Interviews and providing references are all part of the recruitment process. Volunteer Fundraisers receive local induction training about SSAFA.
Duties of a Volunteer Fundraiser include:
· Organising and taking part in local appeals, supermarket collections, coffee mornings and other events.
· Liaising with local businesses and organisations to obtain permission and agree locations for SSAFA Collecting Tins.
· Supporting the Branch’s awareness-raising activities and promoting SSAFA in the local area.
· Ensuring that all data processed or held as part of the role, is processed and held strictly in accordance with SSAFA’s data management policies and procedures.
· Complying with and promoting SSAFA values and standards, including the code of confidentiality.
Essential and Desirable Requirements
Interviews and references are part of the recruitment process.
Volunteer Fundraisers must have basic IT skills, be energetic and enthusiastic for fundraising, good communication skills and be independently mobile. They must also be able to work individually and as part of a team and be willing to work some unsocial hours (planned) including weekends. An Armed Forces background is not essential. All volunteers are required to adhere to SSAFA’s Volunteer Policy.
There are no minimum or maximum requirements for the amount of time you are available to volunteer with SSAFA each month. We are happy to work flexibly and considerately with volunteers who have other commitments such as employment, children, carer responsibilities etc. Lots of volunteers doing a little amount each month means that we can support all the clients that want our help and support.
Volunteer Fundraisers are needed in Derby City, Derbyshire Dales, Erewash, High Peak and South Derbyshire.
- Training Provided