A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Nature Walks Conservation Society Events Coordinator helps to advance the organization’s mission by coordinating all aspects of NWCS community outreach events. There are approximately six events per year. The position works under the general direction of the NWCS Executive Director.
· Work closely with the Executive Director to coordinate a year-long calendar of community outreach events. Key NWCS events currently include, but are not limited to:
o Spring Bird Walk
o Earth Day Celebration
o Autumn Nature Walk
o Winter Snowshoe Nature Walk
o Community speaking engagements
o The Events Coordinator may also assist with fundraising events
· For each event, the Coordinator will provide broad support, including:
o Logistics, including venue and accessorials (e.g. tent, tables, etc.)
o Set-up, including signage, and on-site operations
o Event budgeting and timelines
o Volunteer needs and staffing
o Vendor coordination and relations
o Rentals and contracts
o Publicity and promotion through social and public media
o Event related reports and paperwork
o Post-event follow-up
o Critical evaluation of events for continuous improvement
o Maintain attendee records
· Work with the NWCS Membership Coordinator in planning and organizing any membership promotions and special events.
· Give regular reports on events at NWCS Board meetings.
· Good understanding of NWCS mission, purpose, and programs.
· Strong organizational skills, including meeting deadlines.
· Ability to work independently as well as be a team player willing to help wherever necessary.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
How To Apply
Please provide your contact info: name, email, phone# (best day/time to call).