Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Use your commercial HVAC skills to support Bible translation through installing, upgrading, maintaining, and repairing HVAC systems at the JAARS Center.
Your involvement will provide the services to keep our staff in comfortable working conditions, so that they can provide the technical and logistical support that makes translation work possible in the most remote locations.
Office, medical, childcare, and housing facilities on the JAARS Center also allow missionaries to receive training, healthcare, and spiritual renewal. Your services will greatly impact their stay here.
Commercial HVAC Technician
As a commercial HVAC technician, repair and maintain various heating, ventilation, cooling, and refrigeration systems for JAARS buildings.
- · For a full-time volunteer or career staff person who raises support
- · Able to work in US
- · Perform preventative maintenance
- · Respond to repair requests on various systems at JAARS
- · Install or assist in the installation of new systems
- · Assist facilities maintenance administration in making recommendations for equipment upgrades
- · Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- · Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Requirements and Experience Desired
- · Experience in servicing commercial HVAC systems
- · Certification in handling refrigerants, such as R-22, R-134a and R-410
- · Two years of experience in general maintenance work
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mail room, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving.
We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
- Housing Available
How To Apply
There are many key opportunities at JAARS for you to help make Bible translation possible around the world. Volunteers are a crucial part of every department; over 50% of the staff are volunteers. We could not provide significant technical and logistical support services without people like YOU!
You will gain a new vision for missions and realize the lasting value of how your practical and technical skills are helping to transform lives around the world. Build meaningful and potentially lasting relationships with fellow volunteers and career staff. In the winter months, volunteers gather regularly for events such as breakfasts and game nights.
Volunteers can serve from two weeks to many years. The types of positions available to you will depend on your abilities and especially, the length of your stay. For IT positions, a month of service is required. Longer-term volunteers are important in positions that require task continuity, training, or certifications.
- · Proof of health insurance
- · Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- · Ages 14-17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- · Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020