Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
ABOUT ADVOCATES ABROAD
Advocates Abroad is a non-profit organization that provides pro bono legal assistance to refugees and asylum-seekers in Greece and elsewhere in Europe. Advocates in the field operate in and around detention centers and refugee camps throughout the Greek islands and mainland. Our mission is to provide legal aid to every refugee and asylum seeker in need, without discrimination or compensation. For more information regarding Advocates Abroad and our partners, please visit our website at www.advocatesabroad.org.
Advocates Abroad is currently accepting applications for the position of Volunteer Coordinator. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and supporting a large team of volunteers on the ground in Greece as well as remotely. Field teams consist mainly of volunteer attorneys, law students and interpreters. The position may be done remotely or be based in Greece, with availability 20 hours per week for a minimum period of six (6) months (longer preferred). The position includes training and limited reimbursements for expenses, but is unpaid.
- Recruit, interview and vet volunteers for field missions and remote work.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for volunteers providing legal assistance to refugees and asylum seekers throughout Greece.
- Maintain volunteer files and track relevant information from field missions.
- Work with Directors to ensure effective and thorough training and preparation of volunteers.
- Completed or enrolled in a Graduate degree; law preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with and commitment to working with refugees and asylum-seekers.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, effectively, and professionally with team and external partners.
- Prior experience with Greek refugee camps and volunteer networks an asset.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Mature judgment, strong sense of integrity, and initiative.
- Excellent communication, strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Tech savvy, ability to use and learn multiple technology platforms.
- Fluent in English.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Volunteer Coordinator Application.” The deadline is 7 August 2018, but applications are considered on a rolling basis so please apply as soon as possible.