Lung Love Run/Walk Philadelphia Committee Member
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Lung Cancer Alliance
Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
3400 West Girard Avenue,
Lung Cancer Alliance is looking for Volunteer Committee Members to assist in planning our Fifth Annual Lung Love Run/Walk Philadelphia 5k. Lung Cancer Alliance is the leading organization dedicated to saving lives and advancing research by empowering those living with and at risk for lung cancer.
Lung Love Run/Walk Philadelphia is a family-friendly 5k at the Philadelphia Zoo that aims to raise the public's awareness regarding lung cancer and provide hope for those impacted by the disease. Last year, Lung Cancer Alliance brought together people affected by lung cancer throughout the Greater Philly area to celebrate their loved ones and be a part of the lung cancer community and we are very excited for the fifth annual event - date TBD!
We are always looking for new Volunteer Committee Members to help us in planning this event 3 to 6 months prior to the chosen event date.
Some of the responsibilities/tasks based on your interests for this position include:
- Participating in monthly committee conference calls to discuss planning and logistics. These generally take place on Wednesday evenings and last for approximately one hour.
- Assisting in marketing this event by posting on personal social media channels and local community calendars as well as handing out and posting flyers in your community.
- Inviting friends, family, co-workers, local businesses, etc. to participate in this event by registering at www.LungLoveRunWalkPhilly.org.
- Reaching out to potential sponsors with the event sponsor packet and flyer.
- Assisting in recruiting day of volunteers to help with the event.
- Volunteering at the event from 5:30am to 10:30am.
- Volunteering the evening before race day for a few hours to fold event t-shirts, pack event race bags and set up in preparation for the event.
- Providing planning and event-day feedback following the event.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply for this position.
- While having a vehicle is not required, you must be able to find transportation to the event on and set up the evening before.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience in sales, fundraising or non-profit work.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and Google Drive (must create a Google Drive Account if you do not already have one setup).
- A passion for empowering patients, survivors and those at risk with information, support and hope to improve outcomes and quality of life.
How To Apply
Please email email@example.com explaining your interest in this position. Please put in the subject line "LLRW Philly Committee Member Position."