Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Save The Snakes is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is dedicated exclusively to snake conservation and human-snake conflict mitigation. Our mission is to protect threatened snake populations around the world through habitat preservation, education and community outreach to create a harmonious relationship between humans and snakes.
Save The Snakes seeks an experienced graphic designer to assist in our marketing campaigns and in creating snake-themed merchandise and educational materials. This is a unpaid, volunteer position and you will work directly with the Executive Director. Volunteer graphic designers can be based anywhere in the world and must be willing to connect via Skype from time to time. There are no set limit of hours, rather we will contact with a potential graphic design project.
- Create graphics for education and marketing campaigns
- Create banners for website and social media platforms
- Create event graphics and print materials
- Photo retouching
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on concepts and strategy
- Prepare images for print & the web
- Passion for wildlife conservation
- Interest in snakes, herpetology or humanitarian issues
- Preferred experience and skills in: Wordpress, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (must have their software)
- Comfortable working as part of a team, while also being flexible and self-motivated to work independently
How To Apply
- Compose an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Volunteer Graphic Designer in the subject line
- Include a single paragraph describing your graphic design experience and abilities;
- Include a link to your website or portfolio, or attach several of the graphics of which you are most proud
- Include your Skype username and your state/country of residence.