Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Do you have a sharp eye for what makes a terrific photograph? Do you enjoy film and realize the impact pictures can make in publications?
Are you an organized person who keeps track of details? JAARS is in need of a person to manage our photolibrary and you could help make Bible translation possible through the use of photos and videos to support our efforts.
Manage, develop, and select photos and video, and store for inclusion in the JAARS Photolibrary.
· For a part-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
· Must be able to work in the US
· Position is for 20 hours per week
· Evaluate and select highest quality photos and video footage
· Maintain standards of metadata in describing photos, incorporating keywords, and consistently identifying photographers
· Store photos and videos in an accessible format for publication in print and web
· Follow structure and instructions for cataloguing photos and video footage
· Assist in the research for a new and more easily accessible photolibrary software
· Transfer photolibrary to the new software
· Support graphic designers, website managers, and customers with requests for specific types of photos in a timely manner
· Actively develop the photo collection by seeking new material
· Discover, make connections, and acquire photos and video footage from good photographers
· Create measures to improve, update, and raise the quality of photos through research on photo details and photo sources
· Pursue permission to use photos before uploading to the photolibrary
· Willingness to be flexible in hours when in high demand, normal four to eight hours weekly
· Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
· Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
· Some college or life experience in photography
· Ability to judge photo quality and demonstrate this skill
· Excellent computer skills including electronic file management
· Organizational skills to handle large quantities of photos, video footage, and enter metadata
· Good eye for quality composition of photos, resolution, and lighting
· Research skills
· Self-motivated and proactive
· Willing to support the needs of others
· Experience with photo editing software helpful, but not required
· Ability to use scanners, printers, transfer and upload files, and email for customer delivery
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
Proof of health insurance
Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
Ages 14–17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020