Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
3124 W. Irving Park Road
The position: We are seeking a marketing coordinator (on a volunteer basis, unpaid BUT with the potential for a paid part-time job in the future) for an animal rescue, sanctuary, and advocacy group located in the Albany Park/Irving Park/Portage Park neighborhood in Chicago.
About us: Famous Fido is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to reduce the number of homeless pets euthanized each year through our adoption program, community education, and promotion of spaying and neutering. We receive no federal or state funding and rely solely on community donations, fundraising events, and volunteers to support our operations and care for the animals. By volunteering here, you would be contributing meaningfully to the care of dogs and cats, allowing them to live the rest of their lives safe and loved. We also advocate for legislation and ordinance changes to secure rights for all animals. For more information, visit our website at http://www.famousfidorescue.org
Your responsibilities will include:
· Developing Famous Fido’s social media presence with a particular focus on keeping our social media channels updated, ideally on a daily basis;
· Building the Famous Fido brand by communicating with the public about our work;
· Encouraging others to comment on our posts and share them with others;
· Promoting our monthly donor program;
· Increasing the numbers of people following our posts on our own website and on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube;
· Promoting our special events;
· Working with the special events planner to secure photographs and videos to post on social media;
· Monitoring, coordinating and helping with the distribution of our promotional leaflets and posters by our staff, members and supporters and identifying new opportunities for leaflet distribution.
· Finding opportunities to partner with companies for in-kind donations and charity days.
Estimated time commitment: About 20 hours per week.
· Some experience with marketing and social media, either through education, work or volunteering;
· Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office;
· Familiarity with using social media and other online tools to generate interest in a business or project;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Ability to write clearly, accurately, and succinctly;
· Some flexibility with time: We envision a candidate spending a short time each day (although not necessarily every day) updating social media channels and attending a special event to obtain photos and videos; and
· Enthusiastic commitment to our mission and the animals we serve.
How To Apply
To apply: Send an email to our executive director Gloria Lissner at email@example.com. Write the name of the volunteer position to which you are applying and send us your name, contact information, and a few sentences about your qualifications and why you are interested in this position. In the alternative, you may send us a resume, but please be sure to tell us what motivated you to apply for this opportunity.