Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Calle Mayta Capac 1325
Rio Seco, El Porvenir
We’re looking for motivated and passionate volunteers to teach English to children on our primary and secondary programmes. This position is suitable for both experienced English teachers and volunteers that are new to teaching, for example those on gap year abroad travel programmes. We usually have around eight English teachers, working in a local public school and in classes at our centre under the supervision of an EFL qualified English Teaching Leader. We teach kids English in a dynamic way and so lessons are activity-based and interactive. Following a written curriculum, volunteers will plan and deliver lessons with a co-teacher, using lots of games and songs to to keep the children engaged in learning English.
- Passion for working with Children
- Minimum one month commitment.
- Basic Spanish
- Experience working with children.
The Benefits of Volunteering with Us
In return for your invaluable participation in our volunteering programme, SKIP will provide:
- A thorough induction to the organisation, programmes, department and specific role
- Structured and relevant training from fully qualified and experienced staff members
- Mentoring and support in the form of regular supervision and staff meetings as well as informal sessions
- The chance to be a part of a diverse and dedicated team and a welcoming community
- A letter of recommendation upon request after completion
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers