Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Do you enjoy writing? Are you passionate about God’s Word and/or Bible translation? Use your writing skills to write original prose for various JAARS publications. You may be given specific assignments or be involved in the selection of the subject matter.
Help tell the exciting and varied story of how JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
Your work schedule may be flexible, depending on workflow and turnaround time. Make an impact in people’s lives as you communicate the life changing work of giving people God’s Word.
Write original prose for various JAARS publications.
· For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
· Able to work in the US
· Select subject matter based on personal interest or receive specific assignment from editor
· Conduct research and make notes to retain ideas, develop accurate content, and obtain authentic detail
· Organize material and plan arrangement or outline
· Develop factors such as theme, plot, order, characterization, and story line
· Be responsible to get feedback and approval for content from supervisors and any persons or partners involved in the content
· Assist other writers by sharing ideas on drafts and projects
· Accept feedback from other writers for the purpose of improving writing quality
· This is a 1.0 FTE position
· Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
· Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience Desired
· Excellent creative writing talent and editing skills
· College degree or equivalent in relevant field
· Writer with at least one year of work experience
· Must provide three samples of personal writing skills
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word including Review features
· Familiar with Chicago Manual of Style
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
Proof of health insurance
Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
Ages 14–17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020