EncoreOC Professionals Program - Playworks Southern California (Volunteer Capacity Builder)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by OneOC
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
1901 E. 4th St. #100
OneOC is proud to offer the EncoreOC Professionals Program throughout Orange County! As an EncoreOC Professional, you will connect with a local nonprofit in meaningful & purposeful service to help address unmet community needs. During the 8-week program, you will fulfill critical project-based assignments that will bolster the infrastructure of the nonprofit at which you are serving.
Company Background: OneOC - Encore Professionals Program with Playworks Southern California.
Playworks seeks to improve the health and well-being of children by increasing opportunities for physical activity and safe, meaningful play.
Term of Volunteer Service: 8-weeks project-based assignment between April and December 2018
Hours of Volunteer Service: 15 hours per week for 8 weeks (Virtual and Onsite)
Position: EncoreOC Professionals are highly-skilled volunteers who typically possess an advanced educational and professional background. Experienced applicants of all ages are encouraged to apply, and are welcome to send a resume and cover letter.
Major Responsibilities and Related Tasks:
Volunteer Recruitment and Administration - The Encore Professional will coordinate activities for the development of a comprehensive plan to boost Playworks organizational capacity to recruit and host volunteers. The comprehensive plan (aka The Volunteer Capacity Building Project) will have three major components: Volunteer Toolkit, Volunteer Recruitment, and Special Events. Each component will include strategies and best practices for increasing volunteer recruitment and creating meaningful opportunities for individuals and groups to support Playworks’ mission.
Specific activities may include:
- Sports League Support – serve as a referee or assistant coach in development leagues
- Junior Coach Partner – volunteer alongside Playworks Recess Coaches to train elementary school students to be great recess coaches
- Special Events – plan, promote, and execute school partner or community engagement events, help with logistical “day of” tasks, and engage local businesses and organizations to support events
- Community Relations
- Event Planning
- Social Media
- Strategic Planning
- Opportunity to make a significant difference in the mission of an Orange County nonprofit
- Free Leadership Development Trainings from OneOC
- Networking opportunities
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an EncoreOC Professional, the candidate must meet all eligibility requirements below, including but not limited to:
- Commit to the project-based assignment and position timeline
- Agree to and clear a criminal background check
How To Apply
You may also apply directly to the EncoreOC Professionals Program by emailing your resume and cover letter indicating your interest and why you would be a good fit for this opportunity to Abby Edmunds at email@example.com