Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
355 Cambridge Street
Interlock Media, Inc. is an environmental and human rights non-profit is seeking a creative and passionate volunteer Development Associate to be responsible for managing every aspect of our fundraising and development work. Your duties will include:
- Extensive grant research - finding available grants from foundations, universities, and other funding institutions that align with the core values of our non-profit and the subjects of our documentaries
- Write, review, and submit grant applications
- Outreach and communication with new and recurring donors and organizations, forming relationships with partner institutions
- Manage and track a grants calendar and proposal submissions
- Collaborate with our team of documentary researchers, writers, and accountants on various aspects of grants
Experience: Candidates should have a proactive attitude and the expertise and drive to improve and develop our fundraising campaigns. Applicants should possess the following skills:
- Previous experience in fundraising or grant-writing, preferably at a non-profit
- Excellent writing skills and a strong research background
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with our documentary team
- Comfortable and persuasive communication skills
- An interest in environmental and humanitarian causes is a plus.
Schedule : Minimum of 25 hr/wk, full time (40 hr/wk) preferred
Compensation : Volunteer. Unpaid. Off-duty professionals welcome.
Location : Cambridge, MA. Convenient to public transportation and Kendall Square
Job Type : Volunteer; non-profit. 3-month commitment at minimum.
Interlock Media Inc. is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to promoting environmental and social change through the film, video, and radio mediums. Its mission is to support informed empowerment at the grassroots and community level by producing educational mediaworks; by carrying media techniques and technologies to the community level; and guaranteeing that production is an inclusive and diversified process. Our productions are historical, musical, artistic, and contemporary.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers