A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you have a passion for animal welfare? Are you seeking to make a difference by contributing your professional skills and knowledge to an organization that saves the lives of the helpless?
Since its inception in October 2003, Small Angels Rescue, Inc. has saved over 4,000 guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, and gerbils from euthanasia, abuse, and abandonment. We are a young, growing, all-volunteer, registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that serves an area of desperate need in the community. We do not have a physical location but instead have a network of volunteers in the Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia tri-state area.
Here is what the Secretary role entails:
- · Attending board meetings to record and report on committee work
- · Chairing board meetings in the absence of the President and Vice- President
- · Maintaining schedules, coordinating board meetings and booking the facility where the Board meets
- · Preparing and distributing meeting agendas, reports and board documents in a timely manner
- · Taking, maintaining and distributing meeting minutes
- · Responding to official correspondence in a timely manner
- · Maintaining the organizational record
- · Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and Dropbox is preferred
Attendance at monthly board meetings is mandatory. Board meetings alternate between in-person in Frederick, MD and via teleconference. In-person meetings are on Sunday afternoons at 4:00 p.m. and teleconference meetings are Monday nights at 6:30 p.m.
This position will begin in October and will require a commitment of around 2-3 hours per week. Each Board term is 2 years. We are looking to bring someone onboard as soon as possible to train with the current Secretary.
Prior experience on a Board of Directors is preferred but not required.
If you are ready to help make a tangible difference in the lives of little animals, please email your resume to Volunteer@SmallAngelsRescue.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- Training Provided