Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
4000 Albemarle Street
Nonviolence International (NI) researches and promotes nonviolent action and seeks to reduce the use of violence worldwide. We believe that every culture and religion can employ appropriate nonviolent methods for positive social change and international peace. NI is a decentralized network of resource centers that promote the use of nonviolent action. Founded by Palestinian activist Mubarak Awad in 1989, NI is a 501(c)(3) organization registered in Washington, DC, USA. NI is also a non-governmental organization in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
NI is looking for an ambitious, proactive Development Coordinator to start immediately. The ideal candidate will have at least three (3) years of experience fundraising in a non-profit setting. The ideal candidate will also have a Bachelor's Degree in communications, international relations, or a similar field. Fluency in English is mandatory; additional languages are preferred, but not required.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting the Senior Project Manager in planning and executing events
- Representing the organization at networking opportunities
- Marketing the organization and its work online
- Securing large donors for the organization
- Managing incoming donations
- Sending letters of thanks and tax-exemption receipts to donors
- Maintaining relationships with past and current supporters
- G Suite for Nonprofits
The Development Coordinator should have a passion for nonviolence and be able to express the need for peaceful resistance and resolution across the world to potential donors.
- International Volunteers