Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Asante Africa Foundation is looking for an enthusiastic SEO/SMO/Google Adwords volunteer to work with our Marketing and Communications team. This is a great opportunity to enhance your social media/communications skills in relation to the nonprofit sector. The volunteer will work closely with the marketing team to execute SEO/SMO initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
● Responsible for planning and building the full stack of services(social media, paid search and SEO) associated with digital marketing campaigns.
● Create digital strategy with other team members
● Perform keyword research
● Perform competitive analysis
● Find new link building opportunities
● Technical SEO
● Ad Strategy and content writing
● Optimize website for SEO
● Generate Brand awareness
● Building and executing social media strategy through competitive and audience research.
● Understanding of SEO and SMO concepts and application, and ability to share his expertise with the team.
Familiarity with the Analytics and ability to recommend on best actions moving forward.
● Familiarity with Google Adwords.
● Familiarity with Wordpress built websites.
● Audit website to ensure all tracking components are firing correctly.
● Excellent communication(verbal, listening and writing) skills and an outstanding attention to detail.
● Implement some technical web components for the purpose of conversion tracking – including analytics code, tag management code, updating forms, and tracking payment sites for conversions on GA.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
● Outstanding time management and organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
● Ability to work rapidly and meet deadlines under pressure.
● Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, Social Media, Communication tools.
● Experience with web development a plus IT related studies preferred.
● Recent experience with proficiency with WordPress.
● IT degree or real-world website development experience.
● A critical thinker with the ability to follow directions and work independently and on a team.
● Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
● Must submit portfolio/samples of web development work.
To be successful as a member of the Asante Africa Foundation team, you will also:
Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming non-profit organization.
Be an innovative and creative thinker - you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so.
Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction.
Work well independently as well as part of a team.
Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
Directly impact Asante Africa’s efforts to fund education-related projects that enhance knowledge, skills, and opportunities for hundreds of children in East Africa.
Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run entirely by volunteers.
Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nimble, results-orientated, high-growth nonprofit organization.
Have the opportunity to see your ideas and contributions implemented Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position. The position is part-time with an expectation of 10 - 15 hours of work per week.
How To Apply
Thank you for showing interest in volunteering at Asante Africa Foundation. Please forward us your latest Resume/CV at firstname.lastname@example.org and also complete an application at http://www.123contactform.com/form-1909920/Volunteer-Application?
Looking forward to working with you for a noble cause!