Pathways to Employment AmeriCorps VISTA - Capital Area College Access Network
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Michigan Nonprofit Association Civic Engagement AmeriCorps VISTA Program
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Capital Area College Access Network
330 Marshall Street
Going to college can be one of the most important factors in getting out of poverty. As our VISTA with the Capital Area College Access Network (CapCAN), you’ll help support the College Advising Corps in 8 Lansing high schools to develop programs, events, and materials that promote a college-going culture. You’ll also engage mentors, volunteers, parents, and students in creating that culture in their schools, organizations, and the community. As low-income students, particularly first generation and students of color, have historically lower graduation and college enrollment rates, you’ll be vital in the work of CapCAN to increase the post-secondary attainment rate from 47% to 60% by 2025.
As our VISTA with Capital Area College Access Network, you will:
• Partner with high schools, community, and mentoring programs to provide college access capacity and college positive activities to underserved populations.
• Collaborate with Lansing Community College Office of Diversity and Inclusion to support College 101 and College Positive Volunteerism in designated high schools.
• Conduct college knowledge workshops in the community.
• Support CapCAN’s college going culture activities in the community.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided