A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
To ensure you receive a response for your application and continue receiving our emails for further communication, please add ''email@example.com" to your address book or safe list.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and Associates are expected to put in a minimum of 5 hours a week and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
Associates must be willing to attend to weekly/bi-weekly meetings as and when required.
Save the Water™ is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water; to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW™ also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW™ because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all"
To learn more about Save the Water™, please visit www.savethewater.org
The Webmaster position looks after the website functionality and brings support to web-based systems and tools used by the organization.
What you will be responsible for...
- Report to Project Leader for the given project team
- Attend monthly Technology meeting.
- Complete the timesheet at least on a weekly minimum basis
- Assist the Organization with tasks including, but not limited to:
- Technical support on web-based systems and tools used by the organization
- Assist the Technology Group with tasks including, but not limited to:
- Ticket solving involving CMS functionality
- Ticket solving involving Social Networks integration with CMS
- Ticket solving involving other web systems supported by the Technology Group
- Components, modules, plugins or add-ons updates for Content Managers and other web systems
- Minor updates for base or core systems.
- Web systems backupsASS
- Assist the Webmaster Project Leader with tasks including, but not limited to:
- Mayor updates for base or core systems
- Web systems migrations and restores
- Research and deployment of new components, modules, plugins or add-ons for Content Managers and other web systems
- Research and deployment of new web systems
- Knowledge documentation projects
- User manual and training projects
- Give feedback on process creation and modification
Your Take Away.....
- Chance to develop or master your professional skills
- Advance & improve your project management skills
- Work with a team of diverse professionals from all over the world
- Opportunity to handle multiple projects
- Be a part of a mission to save our resources and make a deep impact
Apply Now if you have....
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
- Familiarized with Free and Open Source Software
- Experience using and understanding configuration on Apache HTTP Server
- Experience using and understanding configuration on PHP
- Experience using and understanding configuration on MySQL/MariaDB
- Familiarized with FTP, Email/SMTP, Linux, SSH, etc.
- Experience installing, configuring and administering CMS such as Typo3, Drupal, Joomla or WordPress.
- Familiarized with web systems like ERP, BPM, LMS, etc
- WordPress Blog/CMS platform a plus
- Willing to test with XAMPP web stack in her/his computer
- Should proactively look for any web technology that can be improved as well as tasks that can be done. Ability to share knowledge and to openly give feedback.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience (at least 6 months to 1-year full time paid corporate/non - profit work experience.
How to apply:
If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to hear from you!
- International Volunteers