Full-Time Workforce Development Coordinator - AmeriCorps Member
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Latin American Coalition
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
4938 Central Ave.
The Latin American Coalition is a community of Latin Americans, immigrants, and allies that promotes full and equal participation of all people in the civic, economic, and cultural life of North Carolina through education, celebration, and advocacy.
The Workforce Coordinator works alongside the Economic Mobility Center Manager, to provide workforce development opportunities and assist job seekers in finding employment with the goal of increased self-sufficiency and economic mobility. These services include providing information on workers’ rights, assisting job seekers with their resumes and cover letters and coaching to prepare for interviews. This is a part time, contract position: 16 hours per week, to be completed in the Economic Mobility Center in the offices of the Latin American Coalition in Charlotte, NC.
- Instruct all on and offsite workforce development workshops (Employment, Resume, Interview Skill Building, etc.) in Spanish.
- Provide consistent one-on-one support to job seekers in job bank setting (e.g. applications, resumes, email accounts), primarily in Spanish, occasionally in English.
- Follow up with clients previously served. Complete surveys to update their job search status.
- Maintain resource spreadsheets of employer’s contact information as well as positions most typically hired for and/or current open positions, necessary skills, and schedule availability.
- Maintain all documents and materials in Spanish and English, as necessary. Keep items up-to-date and readily available. This includes all presentations, presentation materials, flyers, information handouts, job postings, etc.
- Document all interaction with every client in the database.
- Compile job seeker outcome information monthly and report results to the EMC manager.
- Collaborate with EMC Manager to Advertise (via public service announcements) any upcoming workforce development workshops with local Spanish-language newspapers one month in advance.
- Collaborate with Communications staff to update and distribute any program flyers.
- Assess client needs and provide referrals to other community agencies, programs, or services for job-seeking clients.
- Attend all regularly scheduled staff meetings and trainings when applicable.
- Support the Coalition’s 2 largest annual cultural events to promote cultural understanding in the Charlotte community.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
First, complete the Application on the AmeriCorps Website listed above: https://cnnc.uncg.edu/americorps-apply-to-be-a-member/
Second, send your resume and cover letter, to Fjosephs@mylac.org with Workforce Development Coordinator in the Subject Line. We can ONLY consider those who have completed their AmeriCorps applications, however are happy to talk with all interested applicants.