Serve meals in our dining room - help fight hunger in Oakland!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Society of St. Vincent de Paul of Alameda County
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
675 - 23rd Street
Dining Room Assistant
Time: 9am – 1pm; shifts are available Tuesday – Saturday
Commitment: One time and ongoing volunteers are welcome!
Location: 675 – 23rd Street, Oakland, CA 94612
Purpose: The St. Vincent de Paul Free Dining Room serves a hot, healthy meal Tuesday-Saturday. Located in one of the most distressed neighborhoods in Northern California, the Free Dining Room serves nearly 600 meals on average per day. Join our team of volunteers to help feed those who are hungry. This opportunity is appropriate for groups of up to 15 people.
Volunteers will be asked to:
- dish food
- hand out trays to our clients
- clean tables
- attend to the elderly and disabled
- assist families with young children
- prepare food alongside our culinary students
- wash dishes
- serve drinks
- organize refrigerators or dry storage spaces
Requirements: Must be at least 14 years of age and be able to stand for at least two hours. Volunteers will attend an orientation and receive training on their first day of service.
- International Volunteers