LaunchSpace, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation whose purpose is to provide a community makerspace, training center, and business incubation center to support innovative economic development in post-industrial, semi-rural communities of the North Quabbin region of Massachusetts.
LaunchSpace is seeking a volunteer Social Media Manager to implement the Strategic Outreach and Marketing plan. The Social Media Manager will focus on the following areas: social media content creation, trend research, and impact tracking. Social Media Manager will work directly with Fundraising & Marketing Manager and/or Chief Executive Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and coordinate content calendar according to marketing plan.
- Creating social media content with focus on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram and posting according to content calendar
- Interview members and makers to document their stories, craft, and vision for content
- Draft periodic press releases and monthly e-newsletter
- Design flyers, posters, and other printed promotional materials
- Draft email blasts for upcoming events
- Coordinate with Program Manager to manage event listings for workshops
- Analyze and report impact and engagement and;
- Other projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, journalism, public relations or related field
- Professional certification in Google Analytics strongly preferred
- Proficient using multi-social posting programs such as Hootsuite and HubSpot
- Strong computer skills using G-Suite and Adobe Suites
- General knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and internet ranking for web content
- Relevant experience determining a target audience and how to cater unique marketing campaigns to capture their attention
- Strong writing and graphic design skills, specifically Canva
- General understanding of fundraising and development.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in Google Drive and Zoom.
- An enthusiasm for the organization's mission.
- Other skills as needed per position.