A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The ARISE Africa Foundation is a nonprofit organization that is working to increase the number of Nigerians that get tested and treated for Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD). By Actively Raising Interests in Sexual Epidemics (ARISE), we hope to contribute to Nigeria's attainment of the United Sustainable Development Goals 3 and 5, which include: ensuring good health and well-being as well as gender equality respectively. Overall, our work focuses on education, leveraging the power of the media to instigate change and providing a means for Nigerians to get tested and treated for STD.
The Vice President (VP) works closely with the President and serves as a key leadership team member. In partnership with the President, the VP develops policies that align with ARISE’s mission and vision and is responsible for leading the daily operation of the organization to ensure that all mission-related objectives are met. The VP also leads all fundraising and development activities, including, establishing relationships with businesses and individuals on behalf of ARISE, creating and implementing fundraising ideas/events, maintaining donor and partnership pipeline for new projects and so on.
· Oversee the daily operations of the organization
· Support and partner with the President on all major fundraising initiatives
· Collaborate with the Treasurer/grant writer to develop and implement ARISE’s financial strategy
· Work with the leadership team to establish, implement and monitor fundraising strategy and donor pipeline
· Monitor and report regularly on fundraising progress
· Work closely with the President in strategic planning and project & team management
· Experience in a nonprofit setting or managing and creating donor relationships
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills
· A self-starter who can work independently and can also be a resourceful team player
. Passion for ARISE Africa Foundation’s mission
Language/Cultural Support Available