Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Phoenix Metropolitan Area
AZSA Communications Director
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Director will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate Arizona Sustainability Alliance’s mission. The Communications Director will ensure that the Arizona Sustainability Alliance is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information within this diverse network and constituent base.
- Create a communications strategy to effectively promote the organization to bring in new volunteers as well as promote the work the organization is doing
- Present the communications strategy to the Board of Directors for approval
- Act as the liaison between the Board of Directors and the Communications team
- Delegate/assign, and manage responsibilities to the members of the Communications team and provide regular status updates to the Board of Directors on progress of related activities
- These activities could include, but are not limited to, managing and driving completion of priority leader communications, in partnership with the Board Secretary, manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print collateral including, but not limited to, logos, brochures, and other collateral as identified.
- Work with the priority leaders to understand and prioritize their needs for promotional and educational material
- Work with the Website Designer and Operations Director to ensure ongoing maintenance and content curation of the website to reflect the changing focus and direction of the organization.
- Identify vendors and manage relationships (e.g., FedEx)
- Able to dedicate 10+ hours per week as a volunteer during the initial group establishment, with an ongoing commitment to meet the needs of the organization in a timely manner.
- The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
- Highly collaborative style
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial
- Enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
Time commitment: Approximately 10+ Hours Per Week
When applying, include a cover letter and resume
How To Apply
Include: Statement of Interest and Resume