A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1920 Hillhurst Avenue
We’re currently recruiting for an IT Manager to join the Administration Team. The IT Manager is responsible for ensuring the proper selection, implementation and effective use of all technology platforms involved in the organization’s operations. The IT Manager handles the organization’s day-to-day IT operations, as well as provides technical expertise and support to all staff members. A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a related field, is required; or, alternatively, 1-3 years experience in a relevant role.
This role requires remote-working, so no specific location is required. Applicants must have regular and reliable access to the internet, as well as the motivation to volunteer their time to the organization.
If you are interested in this position, please read the job description carefully before applying for this volunteer role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or 1-3 years relevant experience
- Understanding of front-end and back-end website development, and activities associated with website launches/redesigns including menu architecture, web page layouts and graphic designs
- Understanding of servers, databases, network services, and their architectures
- Experience and skill working with Sass, Foundation, and OBS
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Commitment to continuous learning to keep abreast of changes in the technology field
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of varying degrees of technical ability
- Ability to manage new system implementations, including coordination with external organizations, contractors, or suppliers
- Flexibility concerning work schedule to accommodate evening and weekend meetings
- International Volunteers