Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Volunteer Web Designer
We are looking for a Website Designer/Administrator to create and maintain software required to run and coordinate the content and style of our website. We want someone who has sufficient control over graphic designs, layout and coding of a websites. We would prefer our information to be shared on a dynamic, content management site; so you should have the technical and graphical ideas for doing that; how the site works and how it looks. The Intern Website Designer will be supported by YCWL’s Staff for maintenance and update of pages.
The Intern Designer should be able to work with our staff to:
- Establish the purpose of the website based upon its target audience
- Identify the type of content the site will host
- Determine any functionality that the site must support.
- Give guidance on layout, colors and styles.
This will determine the type of technology to use and how complex the site will be. The web designer/developer will then:
- create, maintain and improve the Site
- select, create and install applications and software to create web content and check for consistency
- develop and enforce the website's style and design
- make the website as easy as possible to navigate
- ensure that quality and standards are maintained and that links work efficiently
- take responsibility or support for the website's editorial content
- coordinate the work of support staff involved in developing and maintaining website
- write reports and analyze website user statistics
- repair any problems that may occur
- provider user support. par etc.
Interns may choose to work remotely from where they are or travel to Paynesville to join our group of great international volunteers.
Other Personal Requirements
- creative and technical aptitude
- good communication skills
- good organizational skills
- able to work as part of a team
- able to quickly understand complex problems and work out effective solutions
- able to direct and oversee the work of others
- able to work to deadlines
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers