A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Come join our youth-led team and help expand our social media influence to thousands of young people across the world! Greening Forward is a youth-driven environmental non profit organization working to develop young people into leaders who can make a real impact in their community. We fund, mentor, and provide skill-building resources to young environmental problem-solvers, ages 5-25.
The Social Media Strategist maintains the public image of Greening Forward over the channels of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter via crafted posts, shares, and mentions that support the organization's cause. Specifically, media should provide insight and opportunities targeted at young people who want to make a change within the environmental movement. Additionally, the SMS will cover and promote any Greening Forward-sponsored events such as the Young Environmentalists Summit via channels like photography, live-Tweeting, and any other methods deemed appropriate. It is expected that the SMS will commit 4-6 hours of volunteer work per week in addition to attending virtual monthly organizational and committee meetings. The position also includes multi-annual opportunities for sponsored travel. Usual commitment length to the role is at least one year.
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms (especially Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). History of work with social media marketing a plus.
- Background or interest in young people, environmentalism, non-profits, and/or social good.
- Willingness to support overall organization in areas outside of social media, including but not limited to: fundraising, outreach, editing, program development, etc.
- Consistent access to a computer.
- The following skills would be useful but not required: photography/videography, journalism/blogging, website design.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Quick Learner
- Able to work in a team
- Sponsored Travel
- Service Hours
- Potential for Academic Credit
- Can be done from any location
- References for other opportunities
- Mentorship and relationship-building
- Flexible hours
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter highlighting your desire and qualifications for the position to email@example.com. Successful applicants will be invited to interview with Greening Forward staff.
Applications will remain open until the position is filled.