Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
200 East 61st Street
Asia Initiatives is seeking an energetic, action-oriented person to fill the position of Project Manager. This can be a full time/part time/flex time position. The Project Manager will report to the Project Director and organization President. S/he will have the operational responsibility of managing a certain number of AI’s fifteen ongoing projects in India and around the world.
This volunteer position has the potential to transition into a paid opportunity based on our organization's budget and staffing situation in the coming year.
- Manage and execute new and ongoing projects
- Participate in the organization’s strategic planning activities
- Conduct organization/granting due diligence to identify and vet potential project partners in the field
- Serve as the main liaison with our local partner organizations to develop project designs, evaluate program success, troubleshoot implementation problems as they arise
- Manage multiple stakeholders in each project, including donor organizations, corporate partners, vendors and local leadership figures
- Obtain reports, project updates and other monitoring data from projects and analyze to produce internal and donor reports
- Assist with organization financial tasks and other duties that may arise
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum
- 3+ years of experience in the nonprofit sector and/or project management
- Commitment to quality, high standards, data-driven, effective
- Intuitive problem solving skills
- Willingness to adapt to time change and other site related requirements of projects abroad
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and experience in collaborating with multiple stakeholders with diverse backgrounds
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter, detailing availability, preferred start date and relevant skills, to email@example.com with subject head "Asia Initiatives Project Manager Position."