Camp Quest North- Minnesota Week 2 Volunteer Counselor
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Camp Quest North
Voyageur Environmental Center
7000 County Rd 15
Camp Quest is an overnight secular summer camp aimed towards critical thinking, skepticism, and open discussion. While campers partake in traditional camp activities, such as field games, swimming, archery, crafts, and campfires, what sets Camp Quest apart from traditional summer camps is our focus on humanist values and ethics. Our unique activities encourage rational inquiry, free speech, active citizenship, and respect. Camp Quest envisions a world in which children grow up exploring, thinking for themselves, connecting with their communities, and acting to make the most of life for themselves and others.
Camp Quest fulfills its mission by following these principles and we require parents and campers to agree and adhere to these principles:
- We ask questions and are open-minded, critical thinkers.
- We help others and practice service within our communities.
- We use a secular basis as a starting point in conversing and connecting with others.
- We aim to be honest, responsible, compassionate, and empathetic.
- We negotiate and seek compromise to solve conflicts
- We are committed to scientific discovery and technology as contributions to the betterment of human life
- We are committed to the arts as a form of human expression. -We strive to protect and sustain the earth, its resources, and other species.
- We use reason and science to seek natural explanations to events in the universe and to solve problems. -We hold to the principle of the separation of church and state.
- We recognize human rights, justice,fairness, and diversity as essential elements of society.
- We strive to experience life and develop as individuals.
- We work to learn about and from both personal and world histories.
Camp Quest North (CQN) is a great overnight summer camp for children 8-17 who want to learn to think critically and live compassionately in their communities. Camp Quest focuses on teaching secular humanist principles to our campers through meaningful science and arts camp programming. Each year CQN chooses a theme to focus on and this year our theme is "Inside and Out" where we will learn all things about the human body and what makes us who we are! Topics will include: the physical body, cultural body, genetics, microflora, mental health, and more! Along with our theme based activities we also have classic summer camp activities such as swimming, archery, camp fire, arts and crafts, and more! CQN is looking for some awesome volunteer counselors to help our campers grow into compassionate caring persons in our communities.
Help us out by being a volunteer counselor this summer! We can't wait to see you there!
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers