A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, and Consultants are expected to contribute a minimum of between 5 to 10 hours per month and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
- Consultants must be willing to attend weekly/bi-weekly meetings as and when required.
- STW™ will provide a letter of recommendation to ivolunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
Save the Water™ is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW™ also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW™ because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to the water contamination problem. Our vision is “Contamination free, healthy water for all.”
To learn more about Save the Water™, please visit www.savethewater.org
This role will help in identifying security risks and be abreast with the latest web and security-related developments. Support the Technology Group in STW™ by providing technical support, perform troubleshooting functions and resolve any IT related issues inside and outside the department in STW™.
What you will be responsible for……
- Understand the Technical requirements and STW™ objectives
- Develop IT strategies to ensure the networking infrastructure meets existing and future requirements based on needs and regulations
- Provide strategic, unbiased and objective advisory services which assist organizations in improving productivity and overall performance.
- Manage IT initiatives and collaborate with other technical staff inside and outside of the department
- Design IT systems and networks ensuring the right architecture and functionality
- Support new technology implementation
- Train the STW volunteers in new and existing IT systems
- Provide assistance with technical issues
- Revise existing systems and suggest improvements
- Manage all aspects of the web hosting infrastructure, software, Web Application Firewall and Forum collaboration, SEO, and Web-related SQL Server databases
Apply Now if you have….
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware, software and network problems
- Experience with various operating systems and databases
- Experience in project management
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities
- A team player with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Customer service orientation
- BSc/BA in computer science, IT or relevant field; MSc/MBA in business will be a plus
- Professional certification (e.g. CompTIA A+) is an asset
- Associates degree completed or equivalent work experience (6 months to 1-year full time paid corporate/non - profit work experience)
How to apply:
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com We would love to hear from you!
- International Volunteers