Environmental restoration on the banks of Sao Joao river in Portugal
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by CADIP
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
A project for the discovery of the São João river!
The general aims of the project are to highlight the value the river of São João, its mills and waterfalls; to make known the cultural and natural heritage of Serra da Lousã and the region; to recover trails on the banks of the São João river; to promote the planting of native species.
• Cutting small trees using hand tools
• Storage and transportation of small logs
• Arrangement of a trail that was destroyed by fire
• Promotion of activities for the local community
• Cutting acacia shoots (an invasive plant) as a way to stop their growth
• Preparing a plot of land for subsequent planting of native species
Project dates: September 17 - September 28, 2018
The participants will be lodged in a youth hostel in the center of Lousã.
Lousã is located 30 km from the city of Coimbra, in the central part of Portugal.
Find out more about this and other volunteer opportunities in Portugal at: http://cadip.org/volunteer-in-portugal
For programs in other countries check out: http://cadip.org
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Apply online through Cadip's website: http://cadip.org