Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
244 West 140th Street
From 2013-2018 Fun1st has provided hundreds of children quality fitness and nutrition education. Our mission is to empower educators and students for a healthier future. Fun1st is currently looking for Part-time Yoga Instructors to teach classes for local elementary school students grades PK-5th. Qualified candidates will be able to create fun community-oriented and stress-free environments, for a class size of around 15-24 beginners.
The ability to work independently and effectively with parents and children is a must. Candidates should also have great class management skills, excellent written, verbal and computer skills and a creativity that keeps student attention. We look for strong-time management skills, and eligible candidates should have some experience facilitating youth-development activities in a school setting during the school day.
Program is on-site in Middle Schools within the Harlem area. Fun1st programing operates during and after-school hours and are usually 1-2 hours in length. This project is part-time temporary until December, with the possibility to be full time permanent. The classes should help children explore Yoga and encourage students to be mindful!
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of children in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Be able to modify lesson plans and instruction to meet the needs of the participants.
- Emphasize teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Teach rules, fundamentals and enhance basic skills.
- Ensure that all equipment is age-appropriate, safe and in proper working condition.
- When applicable, provide direction to volunteers or Support Assistants who are supporting the program
- Ensure the cleanliness of program space during all activities.
- Inform Supervisor on-duty regarding any incident reports that need to be filled out
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current yoga certification
- Minimum of one year of experience teaching children / teen sports, in a structured setting.
- Knowledge of youth development stages.
- Content expert in designated activity(s).
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Current First Aid / CPR certifications.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please send your cover letter and resume with subject line.
“Yoga Instructor” to ContactUs@Fun1st.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
- Stipend Provided