A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The nonprofit news organization WhoWhatWhy is looking for a volunteer HR Recruitment Strategist
Who We Are
We are a remarkable news organization and community that is making a difference, setting a new standard, and innovating on every front. A nonprofit that accepts no advertising, WhoWhatWhy is staffed largely with skilled volunteers dedicated to elevating public awareness and fostering a more vigorous democracy.
You will work remotely and on your own schedule, though we require a minimum commitment of 5-8 hours a week. Because our staff is spread throughout the world, we communicate mostly through email. All staff are required to respond to emails on a daily basis.
- Monitor the quality and quantity of ad respondents
- Come up with alternative strategies that improve the response.
- Strategies might include: specialized ad posting venues, trying alternative location postings, and improving ad copy.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in overseeing recruiting strategy for a company or non-profit.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to work in fully remote environment
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please send us a customized cover letter that demonstrates you are familiar with our work and brand, and states as specifically as possible why you are a good fit for the exact position posted here. Please put the word "Mencken" at the top. Also include a resume.